It’s Thanksgiving week, which means it’s time to enjoy good food with the ones you hold dear. This year, impress your family and friends with this simple, sweet recipe.
4 pounds of sweet potatoes (peeled and cut into 2-inch cubes)
1 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of vanilla
1/3 cup of brown sugar
1/3 cup of white sugar
1/2 cup of melted butter
1/3 cup of milk
2/3 cup of brown sugar
6 tablespoons of flour
6 tablespoons of melted butter
1 1/2 cups of chopped pecans
1. Boil the sweet potatoes for about 20-25 minutes until they are soft and can be pierced with a fork. Drain.
2. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
3. Mash the sweet potatoes in a large bowl until they are your desired consistency. I like mine with a little texture, but you can decide how smooth you want them.
4. Add the egg, salt, vanilla, brown sugar, white sugar and melted butter. Stir to combine.
5. Pour into a 9-by-13-inch baking dish.
6. In a medium sized bowl, combine the brown sugar, flour, butter and chopped pecans. Stir well.
7. Sprinkle mixture completely over the top of the sweet potatoes.
8. Bake uncovered for 20 minutes or until the pecans are caramelized.
9. Spread marshmallows evenly over the top of the sweet potatoes.
10. Bake 3-5 more minutes or until the marshmallows are puffy and golden brown.
11. Serve hot.