There are thousands of varieties of tea out there, and each unique type has its own health benefits.
Here is a list of a few of the many different types of teas, some of which you may have never even heard of.
Green tea, black tea, white tea and oolong tea
Many of the health benefits of green, black, white and oolong tea overlap because they come from the same plant, the Camellia sinensis.
According to Berkeley Wellness, each type has most of these benefits:
- May control blood sugar levels
- Is lower in caffeine than coffee
- Possible cardiovascular health benefits, including improved blood pressure and cholesterol levels
- Antioxidants, vitamins and minerals
- Simultaneous feelings of relaxation and alertness
- May improve cognitive ability
- Helps protect the body from toxins
- Boosts the immune system
- May improve dental health due to antibacterial properties and fluoride in tea
- May improve bone health
While these teas share many of the same health benefits, they are unique in their aromas, levels of caffeine and tastes due to the way each tea is processed.
Herbal teas come from plants other than the Camellia sinensis, and there are many varieties. According to Livestrong, these types of herbal teas have the following benefits.
- Chamomile tea relaxes your mind and body, helps you sleep and relieves stress.
- Lemon Balm tea can relieve stress, anxiety and headaches.
- Ginger tea helps the digestive system and issues with nausea and gas. It can also lower fevers and relieve symptoms of colds and other illnesses.
- Peppermint tea helps the digestive system and relieves gas and nausea.
- Rooibos tea is high in antioxidants and has been shown to relieve some skin concerns, including eczema.
- Rosehip tea is high in vitamin C, which boosts the immune system.
Want more information about herbal teas and their benefits? Check out this website.Print This Post